[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [Poll] Who is your favourite heavyweight fighter

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 6:58 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is your favourite heavyweight fighter?
Poll ended at Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:21 am
Fedor Emelianenko 20%  20%  [ 12 ]
Brock Lesnar 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Frank Mir 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Cain Velasquez 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Brett Rogers 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Junior dos Santos 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Andrei Arlovski 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Shane Carwin 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Fabricio Werdum 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aleksander Emelianenko 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Gabriel Gonzaga 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Alistair Overeem 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Ben Rothwell 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Antonio Silva 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bas Rutten 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Kimbo Slice 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Mirco Cro Cop 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Bobby Lashley 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (add which one in a reply please) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 59
 Post subject: Re: [Poll] Who is your favourite heavyweight fighter
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:28 am 
Special

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:20 am 
Special

Brock...because no one likes him...as a man that hunts fights and gets on top of his woman i can only wish the best to him in ufc. One hell of an athlete like him or not. :D

..::::..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

Alistair Overeem

Just had to follow my instinct. If he would be successful I would be happy.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:39 pm 
Special

Favourite HWs of all time:

Fedor - nuff said
Brock - An animal - shook the HW division up and pretty much turned it on his head
Cro Cop - Along with Wandy, one of the reasons I got so into MMA back in the early pride days

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:35 pm 

Brock Lesnar - Love him or hate him, he has dominant wins over Herring and Mir and beat Randy Couture to win the World Heavyweight Title. The guy is a legitimate monster and could beat anybody in the world if he comes back healthy. I don't think Fedor stands a chance against him, no matter what people think. Brock has a legitimate 40 pounds on him and better takedowns than anyone he has ever faced. Brock is the #1 heavyweight in the world in my opinion and I love that he doesn't pander to the fans.

Cain Velasquez - Expect to see him face off with dos Santos or Lesnar by summertime. This guy's destruction of Big Nog was a thing of beauty. The ability to pick apart one of the best heavyweights of all time with minimal effort is unreal and Velasquez keeps getting better.

Junior dos Santos - This young guy will see a title shot in the next year. I expect him to fight Cain at UFC 117 or sooner. Great personality. I fell in love with him as a fighter when I saw his very real and very emotional response to winning his fight with Werdum.

My thoughts on other top heavyweights:

Carwin - Big fan of this guy. I don't think that he is ready for Lesnar, but I think that he'll be able to score a TKO win over Mir. He has ridiculous power in his hands and was a top level wrestler. He'll be able to prevent Frank from
getting into the positions he wants.

Fedor - I think he lets his management control him too much. He's essentially ducked the biggest challenges in the world due to the demands of M-1. He won't fight Lesnar, Mir, Velasquez, Carwin or Couture. He wants Overeem to defend his title before fighting him? What a joke? You don't make demands on the champion before he gives YOU a title shot. That's absurd. I can't wait to see him have his face smashed in. Also, his skin is made of paper and he bleeds like a stuck pig. The Rogers fight was a serious wake up call to his fans that he is not invincible as they'd like the world to believe.

Mir - I don't buy into the guy. His win over Lesnar was a thing of luck, in my opinion. The win over Kongo didn't tell us much. The knockdown was a surprise to Kongo who was expecting a takedown attempt, but he recovered immediately and in the process stuck his neck out and got choked. Everybody knows that Mir was winning that fight via submission because Chieck has no grappling ability. The Nog win came against a guy coming into the fight with a major staph infection.

Overeem - I can't wait to see his return to America against Rogers. I like this guy a lot and I'd love to see him sign with the UFC one day. His allegiance obviously isn't with Strikeforce, as he abandoned them for the last couple of years.

Brett Rogers - an enjoyable fighter to watch but extremely one dimensional. He needs to work on his ground game and he could be a threat to anyone.

Bobby Lashley - only time will tell with this guy. He needs to step up the level of opponent or people won't take him seriously. It's good that he's getting some experience now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:01 am 
Special

OK people, the polls are almost ending. This one will finish soon (April 29th) and the last one I believe ends on May 14th so cast your votes if you have not done this yet and also visit the other polls in the MMA Polls section. The more votes and replies the happier we are and then I will make a final poll out of the results.

I hope you all enjoyed the polls but it ain't over yet ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:34 am 
Special

The poll has ended and the results are:

1. Fedor Emelianenko 20% [ 12 votes]
2. Cain Velasquez 17% [ 10 votes]
3. Brock Lesnar 10% [ 6 votes]
3. Junior dos Santos 10% [ 6 votes]
5. Bas Rutten 8% [ 5 votes]
5. Mirco Cro Cop 8% [ 5 votes]
7. Frank Mir 7% [ 4 votes]
8. Shane Carwin 5% [ 3 votes]
8. Gabriel Gonzaga 5% [ 3 votes]
8. Alistair Overeem 5% [ 3 votes]
11. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 2% [ 1 vote]
12. Kimbo Slice 2% 2% [ 1 vote]

The others had 0 votes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:08 pm 

1:Fedor : He is simply the best..
2:Cain.
3:Carwin...

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:56 pm 
Site Admin

Interesting considering Fedor has almost not fought anybody on that list, and still he is no1.

Im starting to think that unless he does something drastic he will drop from all lists very soon.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2