[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Ratio went down overnight 15 to 5

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:07 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Ratio went down overnight 15 to 5
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:47 pm 

it seems that my statistics have changed overnight significantly. It now shows I downloaded something like 200+ gb in the last day when the only torrent I downloaded was roughly 9. My local bittorent client accurately shows that I only have downloaded that file as well. I thought perhaps someone else somehow used my passkey to download something else, but under my completed torrents nothing like that shows up.

Did a torrent that I downloaded go from free leech to non free leech or something? I just can't figure out why my download would so dramatically change

edit: my download went up another 100gb without any downloading from myself.

Last edited by newerest on Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Ratio went down overnight 15 to 5
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:05 pm 
Site Admin

Hi newerest,

No I dont think it has to do with a freeleech torrent being changed to non freeleech, we try to avoid doing that! What torrent client are you using? Maybe it had a hiccup and sent some data to the tracker that was incorrect.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:12 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:40 pm 
Site Admin

You can stop all torrents, and then note your exact uploaded and downloaded and your ratio, then make one download in one of the clients and monitor the downloaded and uploaded over the next 24 hours to see if it counts it correctly. Then do it in the other client. Just to check if they seem to be counting correctly.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:56 pm 

After doing this testing I was able to reproduce the issue.

For some reason when I have the same torrent being seeded in the same virtual machine with two clients it is causing it to report incorrectly. I was not able to get specifics of how much of my download was incorrectly inflated by doing this however, so I cannot state that for every bit uploaded it is counting it as download as well. When there was no activity on the torrent it was not reporting any additional upload/download.

The upload updated in my profile appeared to match what I was seeing reported in my statistics but I'm unable to say that with any degree of high certainty. At this point I'm worried all my user reported information is tainted after 6/18. Is there any kind of mechanism in the backend to verify what was legitimate data? I would hope so just so people couldn't spoof their upload to the tracker.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:22 am 
Site Admin

Ok cool that you where able to pin point the reason! Well done :D

Now you know what to avoid. Using two clients on same machine seeding same torrent is already against the rules so nothing to change on our side really. And no there is no way to go back and check what was legitimate data. What is legitimate data when you break the rules and seed same torrent from two clients? None really. In this case it was not intentional, at least from what I understand, so no worries. Just make sure to avoid it in the future.

You have a buffer of over 1.5 TB so I don't think you are in risk of being warned or loosing your account for bad ratio. Just be careful and dont double seed and you should be fine :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:38 am 

I have the same issue. I just noticed I have a solid extra Tb downloaded.
I don;t have the same torrents in different clients.
The only iffy thing I am doing is that I have the same torrent downloaded from this tracker and also from torrentleech (new torrents and the download was faster on torrent leech)
Could this be causing my faulty reporting of the download?
After finding this thread I stopped everything.
I am seeding about 1Tb and don't want to delete everything.

..::::..

..::::..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:49 am 
Site Admin

Yeah I imagine double seeding might cause issues depending on the client you use.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]