[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - UFC Quick Quote: Brandon Vera still not buying Jon Jones hype

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 5:05 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: UFC Quick Quote: Brandon Vera still not buying Jon Jones hype
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:18 pm 
Special

Brandon Vera tells the Las Vegas Sun that despite suffering a fractured face (three places), as well as a severed nerve and lodged a chip of bone behind his right eyeball -- all caused during a vicious loss to Jon Jones -- that he still has doubts about the incredible talent of "Bones." Jones followed up his destruction of the "Truth" with a quick finish over the ultra durable and incredibly experienced Vladimir Matyushenko five months later, mopping the floor with the "Janitor" with relative ease. Is it possible that Vera is still feeling the effects of head trauma caused by the hellbows of Jones or is the UFC's seemingly brightest rising star really not all he's cracked up to be?

"During the fight I remember thinking, ‘Man, really? All the hype was about this guy?’ I specifically remember saying to him in my head, ‘Man, you (expletive) suck.’ Right when the ‘k’ came out in my head, I got blasted. It’s hard for me to say because he beat me, but I still don’t believe the hype. I like Jon Jones as a fighter, but I owe that (expletive). He’s definitely not coming to my house for Christmas.... I’m still babying [the broken face], but it’s getting better. At one point, I couldn’t even touch it. December or January is when I’m looking to come back. I test my face every day to see what I can get away with."

:lol: @ Brandon Vera

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post subject: Re: UFC Quick Quote: Brandon Vera still not buying Jon Jones hype
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:00 pm 
Special

Brandon Vera is such a fucking clown, drop him already UFC.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:18 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:09 pm 

I used to be a fan of Vera's but after his babyish antics in and out of the ring after his Couture LOSS (yeah it WAS a LOSS!) and now this, Vera I think you got it wrong. No one believes YOUR HYPE anymore! This isn't 2006, and your not fresh off a victory over a still not there mentally and physically, Frank Mir.

Losses to Sylvia, Werdum, Jardine, Couture and a DEMOLISHMENT by Jones, he has managed to stay in the UFC by getting decision wins over Andy and Soszynski, and finishing the only opponent since 2006 in Mike Patt. Patt who hasn't even fought since then and Andy losing to Hammill in '08 and not fighting since either.

Vera work on your holes and come back stronger, don't try to knock a guy who clearly outclassed you and is out of your league, a future champ in the lhw and maybe even hw division further down the road.

Vera is still pissed he never capitalized on his best and easiest chance to get the hw belt, even though later on he did in fact lose to Sylvia who he would have fought for the belt had he not been trying to milk the UFC (although he blamed injuries he incurred during the fight), his time to shine and get gold had come and gone. He is no longer a prospect but more so a gate keeper, a Karo Parisyan (of past) of the lhw division. Move on Vera. Don't be bitter.

..::::..

Last edited by heroesblend on Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:10 pm 
Special

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:13 pm 

Personally I kinda like Brandon Vera, and I think he's alot better than his record would indicate. His Muay Thai is wicked, but I don't think it'd hurt him to be a little more agressive. I don't think he'll be making new fans with that statement about Jon Jones, though.

His wife, Kerry Vera, is pretty awesome too. Her knockout of Kim Couture last year was dreamy :o. She needs to get back in the cage.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:19 pm 
Special

Come on you two, kiss and make up :P

Here is a song for you

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYLsyNBnE5M&feature=related][/youtube]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:19 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:36 pm 
Site Admin

Guys if you wanna fight, use a cage.

Be nice people. This thread is locked.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]