[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Cro Cop 'not ready' for 'madness' of Frank Mir fight

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 4:13 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Cro Cop 'not ready' for 'madness' of Frank Mir fight
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:23 pm 
Special

Mirko Cro Cop has confessed he 'will not be ready' when he steps into the Octagon with Frank Mir at UFC 119.

Cro Cop was called upon as a last-ditch replacement for the September 25 main event after Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira pulled out requiring surgery on his hips and knee. Nogueira expects to be out of action for at least four months.

Since losing to Junior Dos Santos, Cro Cop has strung two wins together against Anthony Perosh and Pat Barry, the latter of which earned Fight of the Night after the Croatian battled back from two first-round knockdowns.

Frank Mir represents a giant leap in standard of fighter though, although Cro Cop will be expected to hold the advantage whilst both men are standing. The 35-year-old is confident he can pull off a victory against Mir, but he warned that he is nowhere near his peak fitness.

"It is certain that I will not be able to go full force. I was left with only five weeks to prepare," Cro Cop told Index Sport.

"I would not agree to the madness of this fight if Lorenzo Fertitta didn't beg me to step in. They were in a difficult situation because Minotauro could not fight, and this is my way to repay [the UFC].

"This is for the whole UFC and the fans who appreciate me. Regardless of the situation and the short-term preparation, some things in life must be separated. They enabled me to have a fruitful life and I will be eternally grateful.

"Just this morning I had a good workout. Perhaps the worst thing is the immediacy of the training and getting tired out there. This all, of course, does not mean that I am looking for an excuse, but I certainly will not be ready. However, it still means I can lay [Frank Mir] out in the first round."

http://mmaanalysed.com/index.php?option ... c&Itemid=2

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]