[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Carwin talks Brock loss

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:57 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Carwin talks Brock loss
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:43 pm 
Special

On Losing To Brock: "I'm not making any excuses for that fight. Brock won that fight. He came out of a first round that I don't think many people could, and if I want to blame anybody on that fight it's me."

On The Officiating: "Josh is a great ref. I don't have any ill will towards any ref. They have the hardest job in there when you sit back and you try to think about putting yourself in their shoes and try to determine if a fighter can't carry on, or is intelligently defending himself," said Carwin. "Everyone is different in how they defend in those positions. It's a very tough job, and I have a lot of respect for all the refs that are out there. One sure fire way to finish a fight is to knock him out, and Rosenthal wouldn't have to make a decision."

On His Body Giving Out On Him: "When I was walking back to the corner and Coach Wittman came out, and I sat down on the stool and I looked over at him, I think he knew something was wrong. I told him I was like 'my legs are seizing up coach' and you can probably see I was shaking my head, I was kind of like a wounded pig out there with a pack of wolves on me. The whole lactic acidosis thing is not an excuse either, it's what happened. It's unfortunate, and Brock was able to come out in the second round and finish me."

Does He Think He Can Beat Brock?: "I still believe 100 percent (that I can beat him)," said Carwin. "Would things be different? I don't know. There's some exciting fights, there's some exciting heavyweight match-ups, and we're only finally starting to get to them. Cain (Velasquez) and Brock is going to be a hell of a fight. Cain's a tough dude, and I look forward to hopefully fighting him some day, and you know Brock again. Then you've got some up and comers like (Junior) Dos Santos and (Roy) Nelson going at it. I think right now that the heavyweight division is the most exciting division in the UFC, with all the guys, and all the potential match-ups."

Nice little interview with shane after the loss, he is gracious in defeat and he is right we have a few massive fights coming up in a division that was once very thin...i mean tim sylvia and Arlowski were champs for gods sake... :D

..::::..

Post subject: Re: Carwin talks Brock loss
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:04 pm 

The heavyweight division is definitely getting deep these days. I was on the edge of my seat thinking Lesnar is getting KO'd. I'm curious to see who the match-up Carwin with next.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:55 pm 
Site Admin

Well said by carwin. Im glad he sees it that way :) Im sure that this loss is a positive thing for him in the long run. He was undefeated, now he finally knows what its like going past first round and how his body reacts and can work on that. He also has a good motivation to train harder and try new stuff.

I expect him to make a great comeback :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:40 pm 

haven't seen event yet so not happy bout the title given in the subject :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:46 am 
Special

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:07 am 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:07 pm 
Special

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:19 pm 

what I do is avoid mma forums til I see the event

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:55 pm 

Come on really. At first I was thinking he had to be joking, which I think he still is, but now he's just being a troll. The July card for UFC is their biggest card of the year, I don't see how someone who is an mma fan didn't see it that first weekend. I was avoiding people the whole weekend to avoid results. It was even on mainstream sports channels, etc.

I know some sites where 3 day from AIRING of an event, spoilers are OK, and actually some joker from another site who is an Admin there actually PM'ed me the Fedor results on here 1 minute after it ended, of course he was subsequently banned, but my point I take NO chances if I haven't seen an event. That even means not reading ANY forum headings on main page. just keep your homepage to browse torrents.

Might as well fess up and say you were joking, before it was just a bad joke, now your just trolling.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 am 
Special

He isn't troll don't worry ;)
Happens to me also to miss some events. I'm late on some stuff for more then 6 months now and avoid possible spoilers :mrgreen:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next