[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Rashad Evans Wants to Fight the Best Shogun Rua

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:43 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Rashad Evans Wants to Fight the Best Shogun Rua
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:22 am 

..::::..

Post subject: Re: Rashad Evans Wants to Fight the Best Shogun Rua
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:15 am 
Special

CAIN VELASQUEZ Wins By Ground & Pound Leaves Brock Lesnar With Tunnel Butt!!!

TOP 13 FIGHTERS
Rousimar Palhares
Chan Sung Jung
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Ryo Chonan
Tito Ortiz
Kazuyuki Fujita
Phil Baroni
Kimbo Slice
Mark Kerr
Charles Bennett
Mikey Burnett
Paulo Filho

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:45 am 

I like both guys, been a fan of Shogun's since Pride, and Rashad since he got humbled by Machida and stopped acting like a douche.

I think he should fight for an interim belt, although I know peeps hate it, or just fight in the meantime period. Seems like Rashad keeps getting screwed out of his shot. Not saying he would/could beat Shogun anyway though, but I guess he wants his crack at the big fight again.

It's nice he doesn't "have" to fight, but I thought that was the difference between UFC and other orgs, the best fight the best all the time, belt or no belt.

Who knows if they need a main event, we might see Rashad vs Randy after Randy fights marble-mouthed Toney. Lyoto could be a possible opponent too, if Randy loses (God forbid) to Toney.

I dunno how credible it is but this was on Wikipedia,
'There is a possibility that Machida could face Evans in an interim Light-Heavyweight title fight.[40] According to Ed Soares His next fight could be at UFC 121 against Rampage Jackson, Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin, Vitor Belfort, or Rashad Evans.'

I doubt we'll get the fight we want Lyoto/Rampage. I really don't want to see a rematch between Franklin and Lyoto. Belfort doesn't make sense (if Belfort is still trying to make a run at 185) and Griffin I think would get outclassed much like Bonnar and Franklin did.

Randy beats Toney, set up an interim title match for their year end show in Dec/early Jan. I know he constantly defies age, but at 47, how much longer does he have. I want to see him and Rashad while age won't be as much a factor.

Rampage/Lyoto is a good match for the no. 3 spot, but Rampage is probably still doing overseas promos for A-Team, and I don't think he would sign up to fight Machida if he had no commitments.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:04 am 

I'm not a huge fan of the interm belt idea but why would you wanna wait a year to fight? What makes him think in a year he will still be consider good enough to be the number 1 contender? We have all seen what one fight can turn you from champion to resume maker. ex: Chuck

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:50 am 

You all are looking through Toney like... "when Randy beats Toney he can do bla bla bla"...

WAIT UP... let him actually BEAT Toney first...

Remember this is MMA... EVERYTHING can happen...

And Toney isn't exactly Kimbo or Consaco... He is a former champion in multiple weightclasses including Heavyweight...

I am not saying he has good chances of winning or that I want him to win...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:20 pm 
Special

what exactly are you saying then?

2017-2018

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:11 am 
Special

Rashad doesn't have to fight again. He earned his shot by overwhelming Rampage. Rashad deserves to fight the champion, and Shogun is the champion. For some reason, everyone seems to think that Shogun will beat Rashad. However, I think Rashad beats him via decision. Rashad has the skills and strategy to beat Shogun.

I'd like to see Machida fight the winner of Couture/Toney. Couture would deserve a title shot, if he beat Machida. Toney, on the other hand, would also deserve an instant crack at Machida. Toney/Machida would be guaranteed entertainment, even though Couture should beat Toney.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:37 am 
Site Admin

Rashad vs Shogun is a fight that defenitely needs to happen now, specially after reading your posts :mrgreen: I hope it will be soon!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:49 pm 

I seen in one of the mma shows that Shogun is healing up really nice and plans on returning sooner then expected. So Rashad waiting is turning out not to sound like such a dodgy idea. In all honesty I wouldn't wanna jump right back in the cage with a guy who can stuff the ???? outta my bread and butter. He'd be eating Machida's knee for lunch if he tried same strategy as he's been using. And let's be honest as good as his speed and wrestling have got he still almost got KO'd in both of his last fights for trying to stand and bang a little in the 3rd. If he is gonna take the time to wait for Shogun that is a long time to train for a specific opponent and who knows how much more he will improve in that time while Shogun recups. Rashad would actually have a chance at the belt that way.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]