[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [Poll] Fighter of the Month: May (spoiler)

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 12:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]

Pick Your 5 Fighters of the Month
Keola Silva (Galaxy MMA: Worlds Collide) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ricco Rodriguez (Cage Thug) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Reza Madadi (Superior Challenge 5) 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Jameel Massouh (Superior Challenge 5) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mauricio Rua (UFC 113) 26%  26%  [ 9 ]
Patt Curran (Bellator 17) 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Eddie Alvarez (Bellator 17) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Toby Imada (Bellator 17) 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Alistair Overeem (Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery) 23%  23%  [ 8 ]
Hector Lombard (Bellator 18) 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Patricio Pitbull (Bellator 18) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Antonio Silva (Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery) 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Dan Hornbuckle (Bellator 19) 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Ben Askren (Bellator 19) 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Matt Lindland (Strikeforce Challengers 8) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Roxanne Modaferri (Moosin 1) 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Rashad Evans (UFC 114) 11%  11%  [ 4 ]
Nick Diaz (Dream 14) 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Bryan Baker (Bellator 20) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hatsu Hioki (Shooto: The Way of Shooto 3) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 35
 Post subject: [Poll] Fighter of the Month: May (spoiler)
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:42 am 

Keola Silva (Galaxy MMA) - Big upset with a unanimous decision win over the highly-acclaimed Tyson Nam.

Ricco Rodriguez (Cage Thug) - Knocked out MMA's Iron Man, Travis Fulton, in the main event of Cage Thug in Iowa.

Reza Madadi (Superior Challenge) - In the main event of Superior Challenge 5, Madadi does the world-at-large a favor and chokes out Junie Allen Browning in the second round.

Jameel Massouh (Superior Challenge) - In a battle of Top-75 flyweights, Massouh decisions his way to victory over Sami Aziz.

Mauricio Rua (UFC) - Sweet dreams, Machida Karate. Rua claims what should have been his before, only this time with feeling.

Pat Curran (Bellator) - Delivers a huuuuge upset by outworking and outlasting Roger Huerta to make it to the finals of Bellator's Lightweight Tournament. Huerta was clearly gassed in the third and Curran pulls an upset for the second straight fight.

Eddie Alvarez (Bellator) - To put it succinctly, Alvarez beat the shit out of Josh Neer before putting him out of his misery in the main event Superfight on Bellator 17.

Toby Imada (Bellator) - Imada is quickly turning into one of the best submission experts in all of Mixed Martial Arts. A second-round armbar of Carey Vanier punches his ticket to a Finals fight against Pat Curran, and then a possible rematch with Eddie Alvarez.

Alistair Overeem (Strikeforce) Sigh. I really like Brett Rogers, and if he beat Overeem, he would have made a great champ. But it wasn't to be. He looked tentative and nervous. He looked 10x better against Fedor. But all the credit in the world to Overeem, I didn't think there was a chance this fight would happen, but he manned up, took all the neccessary tests, fought, and dominated. My mouth is shut. I just hope he fights in Strikeforce more often, preferably against the Fedor/Werdum winner.

Hector Lombard (Bellator) - Jesus Christ, I know Jay Silva will never be confused with Anderson, but six fucking seconds? Six seconds. Most fans weren't even back from the fridge when that happened. When the fight with Filho (of course) fell through, I was dissapointed (but not surprised), but I thought "Hey, at least Silva's a banger, should be fun", but I didn't expect this. Sweet sassy molassey.

Patricio Pitbull (Bellator) - Got a hard-fought win over Wilson Reis to advance to the Bellator Featherweight Tournamant Final against Joe Warren. He's a submission wizard, so I'm not sure Warren's strength can overcome that.

Antonio Silva (Strikeforce) - Well it wasn't pretty, but he outstruck the striker in Arlovski to take the win. I'm assuming a fight with Brett Rogers is on the horizon for him, he looked MUCH better than he did against Werdum.

Dan Hornbuckle (Bellator) WAR HORNBUCKLE! Another first-round stoppage, another step closer. Now meets Ben Askren in the finals. Buckle is absolutely a house of fire and destroyer of men lately.

Ben Askren (Bellator) Defeated Ryan Thomas for the second time, but this time it was in dominanting decision form. Now has the biggest fight of his life against the one-man army of Dan Hornbuckle.

Matt Lindland (Strikeforce) Got his first TKO in four years, and did it in the main event of a show in his hometown. Not too shabby a week from The Law.

Roxanne Modaferri (Moosin) Gets the nod here for the FANTASTIC fight she put on with Tara LaRosa. Just a battle between two of the best in the world. Decision could have gone either way, but Roxy got the W.

Rashad Evans (UFC) - Finally shut Rampage up after surviving a third-round onslaught that would have taken out most men. Some said it was boring, but I, for one, am glad he's finally sticking to his wrestling instead of trying to K-1 everyone.

Nick Diaz (Dream) - Continued the embarassing Strikeforce domination of Pride with a first-round armbar of Mach Sakurai in the main event of Dream 14. Diaz has looked unstoppable lately.

Bryan Baker (Bellator) - The Beast continued his manaiacal rampage through the Middleweight Tournament in Bellator with a first-round triangle choke of Eric Schambari.

Hatsu Hioki (Shooto) - Retained his Featherweight Championship in the main event of Shooto: The Way of Shooto 3's main event by split decision.

185 - Chael Sonnen (R-Oregon), Hendo, Quarry, Lombard, Marquardt, Lawlor
205 - Hamill, Captain America, Ace Franklin, Bones, King Mo
265 - Grim Rogers, Mir, Anyone fighting Brock, Big Country, Struve

Post subject: Re: Fighter of the Month: May (spoiler)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:22 pm 
Special

I chose Overeem and Rua because they have shown greatness at the highest level by proving they earned the belt. Overeem is one of my favourite fighters and well he is also one from my country. I did not expect Rua to defeat Lyoto that easily so to me they deserve the honour of May's fighter of the month.

..::::..

Post subject: Re: Fighter of the Month: May (spoiler)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:28 am 

Only chose Overeem this time. He just dominated the guy that really hurt the biggest legend in MMA a half a year earlier. Maybe a little too much to already say it, but now I personally consider Alistair one of the best HWs there is.

Even though Rua fully claimed his title rightfully, I havent voted for him, cause Machida was completely out of his element, still had trouble with his hand. Rua just didnt had an opponent this time.

And the rest of the fights I saw where good, deserved, but nothing that special to award it with a 'fighter of the month' nomination.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]