[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [Poll] Fighter of the Month: April

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:55 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]

Who are Your Top-5 Fighters for April?
Poll ended at Fri May 07, 2010 3:38 pm
Marcio Cruz 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Tim Boetsch 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Artemij Sitenkov 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Zach Makovsky 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Frankie Edgar 14%  14%  [ 19 ]
Roger Huerta 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Georgi Karakhanyan 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Anderson Silva 4%  4%  [ 5 ]
Gilbert Melendez 11%  11%  [ 15 ]
Jake Shields 15%  15%  [ 20 ]
Muhammed Lawal 4%  4%  [ 6 ]
Pat Curran 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Jose Aldo 23%  23%  [ 31 ]
Benson Henderson 9%  9%  [ 12 ]
Chang Sung Jung/Leonard Garcia 13%  13%  [ 17 ]
Dan Hornbuckle 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Bryan Baker 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Alexander Shlemenko 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 136
 Post subject: [Poll] Fighter of the Month: April
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:38 pm 

It has returned! You know the drill, pick your Top-5 fighters for the month of April. Poll will be up for a week. Have at it!

Marcio Cruz (Art of Fighting) - Retained the AOF Heavyweight Championship over David Yost in the first round of the main event of Art of Fighting 7. I said it before this fight, but I'd like to see Cruz get a another shot in a big or semi-big company.

Tim Boetsch (NAFC) - KO'd Reese Shaner in the main event after 95 seconds for NAFC.

Artemij Sitenkov (Bushido Challenge) - It took only 34 seconds and a flying armbar for fast-riser Sitenkov to take out James Doolan and stake his claim in the Top-25 Bantamweights.

Zach Makovsky (M-1) - Took out Josh Rave with a guillotine in the main event of M-1: The Americas.

Frankie Edgar (UFC) - (Howard Finkel voice)....And...NEEEWWWW UFC Lightweight Champion of the World! Edgar did what you had to do to beat BJ, and something that nobody thought he could, outbox him. His boxing, energy, and takedowns, while brief, still made an impact, and in a close fight (one judge had it 50-45 for Edgar, no way), he defeated the champ by unanimous decision in probably the biggest upset since Serra-St. Pierre to become the UFC Lightweight Champion.

Roger Huerta (Bellator) - El Matador is back! A fantastic dismantling of undefeated Chad Hinton to move one spot closer in the Bellator Lightweight Tourney merits a #2 spot.

Georgi Karakhanyan (Bellator) - In a big upset, Georgi takes down Bao Quach with a knee KO in the first round to move on in the Bellator Featherweight Tournament.

Anderson Silva (UFC) - Ugh. I hate to give him this spot after his dispicable performance, but *sigh* a win is a win and he kept the UFC Middleweight Title...bitch...

Gilbert Melendez (Strikeforce) - Wow. I've never seen anyone do that to Shinya Aoki. Christ almighty. He should have finished him in the fourth if Mario Yamasaki wasn't such a retard. His warrior spirit in desperately trying to finish the fight before the bell in the fifth was fun and admirable. His takedown defense was Penn-esque, and his technical boxing was very solid. Aoki's fought alot of tough dudes, but I haven't seen anyone just shrug off everything Aoki did like El Nino did. Aoki went 0/18 on takedowns! Melendez may not be the #1 Lightweight in the world, but he is, without question to me, the best LW Champ in the world.

Jake Shields (Strikeforce) - What. The. Fuck. Scott Coker must be crying right now. His biggest free-agent aquisition just got dominated by a welterweight. Shields has basically said he wants to leave for UFC and fight at his more natural 170. So you're left with a champion that wants to leave, your best free agent just got embarassed, and a true 170 just beat a true 205. Oh, and all your fights were decisions and your affiliates are gonna be pissed. Coker just had the worst night ever.

Muhammed Lawal (Strikeforce) - It wasn't pretty, but Lawal slogged his way to a unanimous decision win to become the NEW Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion with a takedown clinic on Gegard Mousasi.

Pat Curran (Bellator) - Put himself on the map with an enormous KO of Mike Ricci, which has been re-posted on many an MMA site. He's now someone to watch for in the Lightweight tourney.

Jose Aldo (WEC) - Jesus. Aldo beat Faber like Ike used to beat Tina. He beat him like he stole something. Good Lord, that was hard to watch. The only fight I've ever seen that leg kicks were even close to that realm of nasty was Forrest vs. Rampage, but Aldo chopped him down so badly that Faber had to literally carried to his corner after Round 4. Not to mention the quick combos, body shots with the hands and feet, and it was just an utter domination, on a Franklin vs. Loiseau level or worse. All the credit in the world, Urijah is a fucking warrior, but Aldo served him his lunch, then stole it from him. Yeesh that's a scary dude.)

Benson Henderson (WEC) - Put a definitive end to the Henderson-Varner-Cerrone love triangle for the WEC Lightweight Title. He's the undisputed man now with no one, save a Shane Roller challenge, in sight.

Chang Sung Jung/Leonard Garcia (WEC) - Giving them a shared spot. What a motherfucking fight. I've seen scores ranging all over the place, I had it 29-29, but I'm a lot more liberal with 10-10 rounds than most people are. Regardless, it was a fantastic fight for both guys (who walked away 65K richer), WEC, and MMA in general.

Dan Hornbuckle (Bellator) - WAR HORNBUCKLE! 2:03 was all it took for DannyHorn to move on. Like he said, "the belt is already mine, I just have to take care of four guys to get it."

Bryan Baker (Bellator) - I feel justified in talking up THE BEAST after his demolition of Sean Loeffler. He's still my favorite to win it, Shlemenko or not.

Alexander Shlemenko (Bellator) - And speak of the devil! On only a few days notice and coming from Russia, he scored a dominating win over Matt Major.

Eric Schambari (Bellator) - In the main event of Bellator 16, Schambari made quick work of Luke Zachrich with an arm triangle to earn himself a dance with Bryan Baker.

Jared Hess (Bellator) - A quality win by guillotine over Ryan McGivern moves him on against Alexander Shlemenko.

185 - Chael Sonnen (R-Oregon), Hendo, Quarry, Lombard, Marquardt, Lawlor
205 - Hamill, Captain America, Ace Franklin, Bones, King Mo
265 - Grim Rogers, Mir, Anyone fighting Brock, Big Country, Struve

Post subject: Re: Fighter of the Month: April
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:00 pm 
Special

I picked:

Jose Aldo. That was indeed pure demolition by one person. Very impressive and outstanding fight.

Sung/Garcia. Loved the fight, pure entertainment and heart of both fighters.

Ben Henderson: That is how you show the rest that you deserve the title. Short but sweet.

Anderson Silva: Started well but ended poor. Like the fact that you dislike adding him so had to pick him because of that too ;)

Did not see any Bellator or so, so could not vote for those fights. Might watch later.

..::::..

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 6:03 pm 

1. Jose Aldo. Although we've seen a lot of championships of the major organisations, Aldo is the only one that really blew my mind. Good performance, totally dominating a legend. Definately my fighter of the month

2. Frankie Edgar. Didnt dominate his titlefight, but hey, fighting like that against one of the greater legens in BJ Penn is an achievement itself. Despite some of the judges scores Edgar did win the fight fairly. And ofcourse credits for being the first to take Penn down in ages (not just once but twice).

While writing this message I realise I had to put in Manny Gamburyan or Ben Henderson as well. Both did a good performance as well.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:06 pm 
Site Admin

Frankie Edgar
Roger Huerta
Gilbert Melendez
Jose Aldo
Chang Sung Jung/Leonard Garcia

In no special order.

:)

Loved all those fights they where in.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 1:18 am 
Special

Voted.

Roger Huerta
Gilbert Melendez
Jake Shields
Jose Aldo
Benson Henderson

All of these fighters looked impressive in their recent performances.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:59 am 

Chang Sung Jung/Leonard Garcia is my top fighters of the month, and maybe will be top of the year.

Even though the blind judges make it a mess, the fighting was awesome.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:57 pm 

Somehow Manny Gamburyan didn't make a list of this many fighters and that makes me sad.

In no particular order:

Frankie Edgar - shocked the world
Jake Shields - shocked the world
Gilbert Melendez - beat #2 of his weight division to retain his title
Benson Henderson - make extremely short work to retain his spot on top of the WEC
Jose Aldo - established himself in my eyes as pound for pound best in the world

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 3:02 pm 

I'm going to pretend that this is who Marcio Cruz beat.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 8:45 pm 
Special

First off, I thought I had picked Edgar as well, but a slight variance in grey-on-grey is kinda tricky to see on my monitor ;-)
Anyway...

Shields - Awesome heart and a great performance in his fight. I'd picked against him, but I was secretly hoping he could win. Delighted that he did. UFC next stop...

Aldo - Looked outstanding. The level of stand-up dominance Anderson Silva had in the first couple of rounds of his fight, but then none of the bizzare shit.

Henderson - A superb performance.

Found it hard to vote for Bellator guys, dispite excellent performance, cos I feel they are not finished with their performances yet (like the fight is still ongoing). I would have voted for Manny Gamburian and Brad Pickett if they were in the list.

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 11:05 pm 

I went with Edgar, Aldo, Garcia/Jung, Shields, and Melendez.

The way I do the nominees is I pick the Top-4 from every week in review, so Gamburyan was 5th that week, and thus, didn't make it.

185 - Chael Sonnen (R-Oregon), Hendo, Quarry, Lombard, Marquardt, Lawlor
205 - Hamill, Captain America, Ace Franklin, Bones, King Mo
265 - Grim Rogers, Mir, Anyone fighting Brock, Big Country, Struve

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]