[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [Poll] Who is your favourite heavyweight fighter

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is your favourite heavyweight fighter?
Poll ended at Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:21 am
Fedor Emelianenko 20%  20%  [ 12 ]
Brock Lesnar 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Frank Mir 7%  7%  [ 4 ]
Cain Velasquez 17%  17%  [ 10 ]
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Brett Rogers 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Junior dos Santos 10%  10%  [ 6 ]
Andrei Arlovski 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Shane Carwin 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Fabricio Werdum 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aleksander Emelianenko 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Gabriel Gonzaga 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Alistair Overeem 5%  5%  [ 3 ]
Ben Rothwell 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Antonio Silva 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Bas Rutten 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Kimbo Slice 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Mirco Cro Cop 8%  8%  [ 5 ]
Bobby Lashley 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (add which one in a reply please) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 59
 Post subject: [Poll] Who is your favourite heavyweight fighter
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:21 am 
Special

We would like to find out which fighters our members on this forum like the most.

We would like to start out with the heavyweight class. You can pick a maximum of 3 fighters and of course it would also be nice to see why you like these fighters you have chosen. So feel free to comment on your picks.

We have included 19 fighters and the option Other in this weight class. If you pick Other we would definitely want to know which one.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and picks :)

..::::..

Post subject: Re: [Poll] Who is your favourite heavyweight fighter
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:35 am 
Special

I voted for the following:

Cain Velasquez - Like his work ethic.

Junior dos Santos - Great finisher.

Gabriel Gonzaga - Animal, sick bjj and KO power standing.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:43 am 
Special

I have picked Fedor because he is a very complete fighter and probably the best around at the moment. Every time you think he might lose he knows how to escape in such a way that you are amazed.

I have also picked Cain as he really impressed me in the fights I have seen so far and he can surely beat the crap out of people.

Last but not least Overeem. I know he has not fought a while and it is about time he will. But as rumours go he will focus more on StrikeForce this year. As a Dutchman I am proud to have such a great fighter in this weight class and I am looking forward to seeing him fight in SF but also K-1.

I could have also picked Bas Rutten but I have not seen any fights of him as I just started looking at MMA but I did want to mention this legendary fighter :)

I would love to see these fighters compete against each other but there are so many good fighters in this weight class that a lot of fights can give you goose bumps.

Looking forward to see your replies.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:04 am 

These are my favorite fighters that I have always enjoy watching,
I didn't vote for them because I believe they are the best,
I voted because they are my favorite, they have class and respect,
and they keep it real and oldschool!

Mirko Cro Cop

Big Nog

Bas Rutten

If I had to choose more, I would go with Cain, Junior Dos Santos, Fedor and Shane Carwin... those guys got respect and skills.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:19 am 
Fedor, Cro Cop and Dos Santos ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:46 pm 
Special

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:47 pm 
Special

Fedor
Frank
Bas

simply awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:18 pm 

Bas Rutten - my hero i train with his DVDs at home all the time really improved my kicking power

Frank Mir - I feel this is his time now that he has beefed up and tightened up his boxing i see a bright future for this man.

Cain Velasquez - Based on his last 2 performances cant wait to see the potential reached

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:23 pm 

Fedor: Do I need to explain in words? ;)
Cain: I have high hopes for him. After his last crisp performance, I would like to see him bash Frank Mir's face inside out!
JDS: Same goes for Dos Santos! A promising young uprising fighter with a clean record! Man... I'm going to be psyched of JDS and Cain face each other very soon!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:01 am 
Special

Think Carwin is frighteningly powerful and much more of a threat than Lesnar, while being less of a crass showman. The Mir fight will be tricky, but it is so hard to pick against him from what we've seen so far. Actually, I think it's the unknown potential that makes him so appealing to me. Wish he'd give up the day job and commit to fighting full-time - imagine how that would improve him further still ! ;-)

Fedor for his calm serenity and yet massive capability for utter violence. Especially in his Pride performances, he is so entertaining to watch. I do wish he fought more often and was always pitted against the very best opponents, though. Think the rest of 2010 looks promising for a step in that direction.

Gonzaga for his awesome burst onto the UFC scene a few years back, especially that kick... Wish he was more consistent, though, as he has all the skills in all areas. Also just really like the person that we see in interviews/pre-fights - seems a really good guy.

Also like Cain for his modesty and professionalism in interviews and stuff. And, as a cheeky oddball vote, Mariusz Pudzianowski because of the freak show aspect - love him as a Strongman, so it will be awesome if he can be successful in MMA too.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next