[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Important information regarding ratio!

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Important information regarding ratio!
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hey, I just got a notice from Speedoo that during the month of May so far he recieved 88 reseed requests on torrents he has uploaded. This means that 88 persons wanted to download the full release but as people already deleted it from their harddrives there where no seeders.

HEY sleepyhead!

Do you realize how much ratio you loose by constantly deleting or removing stuff you download when you have watched it??!!

When you have finished a download you might look at it and think "well noone is downloading from me so i will delete/remove it"

WRONG

By thinking like that you are killing your own ratio, make it harder for other members to download and basicly work against the whole purpose of a torrent tracker.

The trick is to NOT remove the files and simply let the torrent stay active in your torrent client, and keep on seeding for a long long time. Preferably months or years. When some random user searches for something he wants and finds it he will download it. Speedoo or whoever the uploader is has almost 100% removed the files to make room for new uploads by then. So if you are still seeding, you will recieve all the upload credit for that file. This will boost your ratio a lot when you have this mentality for a couple of months.

Making reseed requests to the original uploaders is just silly. You cant expect the same people that make uploads day after day to also keep on seeding them forever, that is YOUR responsibility after you have downloaded something to make sure the torrents are kept alive and are available for people finding them and wanting to download them much later. We are a community and part of being a community is that people actually help eachother out and work together for the greater good of all the members.

It typical that a member makes reseed requests, moans about few seeders, but them himself deletes everything he downloads and stops seeding himself as soon as he possible can. I beg you to change that attitude if you have it.

We used to have few members and had a lot of patience with people "hitting and running" (downloading without sharing) and always contacted thos members politely and asked them why and explained our rules. Now we have a lot of members and are growing very fast everytime we open for registrations. This means that there are a lot more work and we have less time to give each member a personal treatement. So now its EXTRA important that you follow our rules and that you work together as a community because will will not ask before we disable accounts of those that does not understand what working together means.

Kind regards

Staff

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: Important information regarding ratio!
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:55 pm 
Special

Hey, I agree that you should seed all the time,
I always keep all my torrents in my bittorrent, never delete any.
But you should also keep in mind that there are factors you can't really control.
My Bittorrent crashes once every few months,
then you have to redownload all the torrent files in order to seed them again when somebody wants is.
And of course that ain't easy.
So I just keep them in as long as my BitTorrent doesn''t crash.
And people also run out of hard disk drive I guess. ;)

..::::..

Favourite .. FIGHTer: Chan Sung Jung
Best looking FIGHTer: Michelle Waterson
Best retired FIGHTer: Bas Rutten
Best P4P ... FIGHTer: Anderson The Spider Silva!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:24 pm 

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:20 pm 
Special

Hey thanks for the help man,
I'll change that right away.
Never knew that was possible.
Thanks for the help and info :) .

Favourite .. FIGHTer: Chan Sung Jung
Best looking FIGHTer: Michelle Waterson
Best retired FIGHTer: Bas Rutten
Best P4P ... FIGHTer: Anderson The Spider Silva!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:32 pm 

nice tip Noobicide i have to see if i have that options on my seedbox.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

I always sound harsher then I really am ;) I know very well about all the factors that can interrupt your seeding, including personal problems like motivation etc because Ive had them all. But as long as you have the right attitude and intentions you will gain in the longrun :) We wont just ban anybody without a valid reason and if you always seed in general and misses out on 1 torrent I am the first to understand it was not intentional.

Kepp it up guys :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:03 pm 

Sometimes it's also the conection firewall port etc so try this out also you can try deleting your history of your browser and cookies if you still have bad connection try in command : ipconfig/flushdns (att for vista or win 7 run doc in admin mode !!!)

:twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:10 am 
Special

I wanted to point this post out again because of it's importance.

Lately I have been uploading more and more to make sure most files are indeed available to this community. Plus the new tool also helps to provide all of you better speeds.

However spaces are limited and speeds are at times as well. We can not seed and collect everything. This is where you guys get the advantage, especially the members with slower upload speeds (like I have at home). Why?

Like in the first post is mentioned, new members join this community and seek material. Dead torrents are in that case bad, but if you keep them alive you get better ratio's because seedboxes are mostly running at the beginning and then, after a certain percentage or so, they stop seeding (depending on settings and space). If you keep the seed alive you are the one uploading when people come a knocking and u get the ratio without seedboxes stealing your thunder and therefore hardly giving you the ratio build up.

Sure some torrents will probably die because interest is low and I can agree on some of it like old radio or TV shows that are being aired all the time or weigh ins for an event. Because those shows are outdated. This is different for an instructional, live events, movies and many more files. Fights are never outdated and neither are learning dvd's or music.

So do not delete something just because the download is finished or because you have received a 1/1 ratio. Keep seeding the good stuff and you will see that this pays out because just like you hate it when you can't get what you want, others hate it if they can't get what they want and if we all chip in a little, we can all get what we all want (MMA based of course because we are not a dating service or something) ;)

Thanks all

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:09 am 

Will there be a problem if I change directory of already downloaded torrents from C in D ? Аnd what will be happen with the torrents that are currently downloading ?!? :?:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:02 am 
Special

Changing files you seed or where they are stored will indeed give problems unless you have set up your torrent client that when finished downloading the file will be stored somewhere else.

If you do it yourself the torrent will not know you have changed something and will not find the files. In that case you have to

- find the file on the tracker
- delete only the torrent in your client (so not the data)
- download the file again
BUT appoint the location of the file to where your old one is located.
If indeed the file is the same as the one on your D drive, it will start rechecking in stead of downloading.

So it is not a good idea to change files you have downloaded as it might be a lot of work but sometimes you have to :D

Hope you understood this, if not please let me know so I can maybe add some printscreens, even though this was not really the topic for support ;)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next